Dear Barber Center Patients,
As our community adapts to life in a post-COVID-19 world, the Barber Center for Plastic Surgery is committed to protecting our patients and our staff. Now that the state has entered Phase I of reopening, we have begun the process of gradually resuming patient care while incorporating new safety guidelines. Although our office is slowly reopening, we are limited not on;y on hours but the procedures we can do because of the limited number of providers that can be in the office, thus we will still need to reschedule some patient appointments. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through this challenging time.
To encourage social distancing, we will be implementing the following measures:
- Reducing the number of providers in the office and the number of patients being seen at any one time.
- Limiting appointments to consults and treatments that can be done with a face mask on.
- Patients will be required to call when they arrive to their scheduled appointment and wait in their vehicle until their treatment room is ready.
- Our waiting room will remain closed.
- Only patients with a scheduled appointment will be permitted inside the office. Anyone accompanying the patient will need to remain in their vehicle.
- Skincare product pickup will continue to be done curbside or by mail.
Given the nature of our business we cannot always maintain 6 feet of distancing. With that in mind, we have implemented the following strategies to reduce the risk of exposure to our patients and our staff:
- All staff members are screened daily and forehead temperature taken.
- All clinical team members will wear enhanced PPE.
- A pre-appointment phone screening will be done prior to scheduling appointments.
- If you or anyone close to you has experienced any of the following you will need to reschedule your appointment for a future date:
- A fever of 100 degrees or more and/or symptoms of a lower respiratory illness (cough, fever, shortness of breath, aches/pains, etc) within the last 14 days, or
- Traveled to or had contact with anyone that has traveled to an area of high COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days, or
- Had contact with anyone suspected of having or diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- When you arrive to your appointment the screening questions will be repeated, your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked to sign a COVID-19 Risk Consent form. Click here to read this form ahead of time.
- All patients will be asked to wear a face mask for the entire duration of their appointment.
- Payment will be collected in the treatment room and brought to the front desk to limit contact with staff.
Our staff is eager to return to a sense of normalcy and see our patients again. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are working tirelessly on an ever-changing plan to accommodate each one of our patients in a safe manner. If you have questions about an upcoming appointment, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
William B. Barber II, MD, FACS